10 Dental Care Tips
to Maintain Good Dental Health
Improving and maintaining your dental health is vital to a healthy lifestyle. At DentalPlanConsumer.com, we want to make it easy for you and your family to save money with improving your dental health. Enter your ZIP code to find a money-saving discount dental plan and save money at a dentist in your area!
10 Dental Care Tips to Maintain Good Dental Health:
- Brushing your teeth and regular flossing is the best way to reduce dental plaque and prevent the mildest form of gum disease, gingivitis.
- Regular visits to the dentist can detect the earliest signs of any dental health care issues. Studies have shown that routine and preventive dental care procedures – such as common dental treatment options emphasized by discount dental plans – are crucial to maintaining proper dental health. These dental visits can lead to dental treatments that will prevent further damage or even reverse the problem. For patients that have problem caring for themselves, professional teeth cleaning and other dental care services are extremely important.
- Smokers are 4 times more likely to develop gum disease than their non-smoking counterparts. Avoid tobacco in any form – cigarettes, pipes, smokeless (spit or chewing) tobacco.
- Heavy alcohol consumption is a risk factor for oral and throat cancers so limiting the use of any will help maintain your good oral health.
- Some medications produce dryness in the mouth. Ask your physician about possible drug replacements. If a new drug is not an option, drink plenty of water or chew on sugar free gum.
- Watch what you eat. Snacks that are high in sugar and starches are not only bad for your health, they will wreak havoc on tooth enamel. Fruits and vegetables that are high in fiber stimulate the salivary flow in the mouth to aid re-mineralization of tooth surfaces.
- Fluoride works to protect against tooth decay at all ages. Using fluoride toothpaste and drinking fluorinated water can help guard against tooth decay.
- Diabetes patients have an increased risk of gum disease and should work to maintain the disease how ever possible.
- In addition, it is a good idea to have a oral exam before beginning any treatment for cancer. Radiation and/or chemotherapy to the head or neck may cause problems to the teeth and gums as well as the tissues in the mouth.
- Discount dental plans emphasize routine and preventive dental care procedures such as dental checkups, teeth cleanings, x-rays, fillings and more. Plus, plan members will enjoy discounts of 10% to 60% on most of these dental care services at participating dentists. Discount dental plans are dental insurance alternatives that can help individuals and families save money on dental care with improving their dental health. Just enter your ZIP code to choose from 30+ plans from leaders like Preferred Network Access by CIGNA, Aetna, CAREINGTON, UNI-CARE and more!
We offer discount dental plan consumers the freedom to choose from 30+ plans from national and regional leaders like Preferred Network Access by CIGNA, Aetna, CAREINGTON, UNI-CARE and more. Plans start at $79.95 PER YEAR and activate within 3 business days, so you can start saving on your dental care right away!
Enter your ZIP code and join a plan today to get 3 additional months on your plan membership for FREE!